[pct-l] Fwd: Re: Silk against your skin...........

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 10:36:54 CDT 2007

g l <gailpl2003 at yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: g l <gailpl2003 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Silk against your skin...........
To: pct-l at backcountry.com

 Thanks AsABat.....if you're able to find out the brand, I'd appreciate it.  (Any tags on them?)   Any idea if they're 100%silk or a blend?  Yeah, I just need them to sleep in.  Now that everyone has me thinking light or UL, I decided to replace my 15 year old Patagonia Expedition Weight long johns.......never thought of their weight until last week when I carried them in Oregon.  They have served me well but too heavy!!!!  By the way, are the silk ones durable?  Not sure how strong silk is, hence my leaning toward a blend.

Wheeew

AsABat <AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net> wrote: I use silk long johns (not sure of the brand). They are almost as sheer as
pantyhose. Warmer than nothing, IMO warm enough for 3 seasons in the
Sierra. Very light, and they don't smell funky like polypro does after a
few  days. I use them mostly for sleeping to keep my sleeping bag clean,
and be a little less cold if I have to get up in the middle of the night.

AsABat

http://mail.yahoo.com