[pct-l] Departing in September

Trevor Gonska tgonska at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:03:52 CDT 2007

Not sure how to use this email thread forum, so i hope i am not cluttering the thread with a second post. My expected departure through the PCT from Big Bear Lake was originally April but has been set in stone for September 1st which i will have until Dec 1st to hike what I can. Hopefully this will leave me enough time to enjoy the trail and make it to the end.....

I am excited and filled with questions, I have ordered a book on how to plan this adventure and am waiting anxiously to receive it. I keep getting mixed answers as to whether or not September would be a good time to head out, I have been told the trip through Northern CA will be perfect, but once i hit OR and WA i should expect inclement weather that is un-hike-able.....

I hate to be that guy bombarding the email forums with questions, and more questions. But i am just excited and filled with questions!  :-)

I would love to hear every ones thoughts on leaving in September and their experiences, as well as advice.