[pct-l] Fire in San Gabriels

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 2 22:00:55 CDT 2007

There is a brush fire burning in the San Gabriel Mountains, Angeles National Forest above Acton/Agua Dulce.  From our place it appears to be on or near the PCT in the Mattox Canyon area, below North Fork Ranger Station.  I say that with some caution because it is difficult to tell precisely from this distance.  It appears to have started on the west side of the canyon, and has worked its way east and up canyon.  The winds have laid down a bit, and firefighters are actively working on the blaze.  We tried reaching Todd up at North Fork, but someone (presumably a firefighter) answered that he wasn't available.

L-Rod