[pct-l] RECORD SECTION HIKES

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:15:52 CDT 2007

My turn...................I try and keep track of the hikers as they
come north bound so I can get an idea when our "mini-herd" will start
arriving. Helps with knowing when to hit the grocery store. They all
are asked to sign our register and I send copies at the end of the
season to Meadow Ed for his record keeping. I also like to see how
many of you started and how many finished.

I think it would be interesting reading to have a list of hikers who
had hiked over the years. For all the hikers reading through familiar
names, it would bring back (hopefully) good memories. I don't see that
comparing of hike times would be the main issue. Everyone who hikes
multiple years probably already knows who did what. Records are kept
for the future to see. Don't see why the PCT hikers would be any
different.

If you really want to leave no trace......don't sign a register and
don't give anyone a name.

And as some wise man said........HIKE YOUR OWN HIKE.

PCT MOM