[pct-l] Trail History

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 15:21:37 CDT 2007

Those of us who hiked the PCT in the '70's have stuck together and even have a yahoo group to keep in touch and track new people who periodically show up from the list.? "List"?? Well, Bill "Teutonic" Jennings (or Two Tonics, please!) put together an early thru-hiker list by comparing the Campo register and Stehekin register.? I got a copy of this back in the late '90's and have been updating it ever since.? However, this list only goes from Papendick in the '50's (who is arguably the FIRST person to walk the Pacific states from Canada to Mexico) thru Eric Ryback and up to 1980.? What I would suggest the PCTA or some other great person should do, is put together a relatively non-purist thru-hiker list by year all of the up to present.?

I don't think this is asking too much.? I don't seek any more 15 seconds, nor do I think anyone else on this list does.? However, such a list would be a simple "hall of records" to build upon and have a bit of fun with.?

IMHO, HYOH,

Greg "Strider" Hummel