[pct-l] WAG bags on Mt. Whitney

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 15:42:59 CDT 2007

Hi Kent,

I had seen both the article and video, then read an
account this morning of a friend's running from
Whitney Portal for 71 miles over the High Sierra
route. She said that she saw many of the full WAG bags
along the trail going up Whitney.

The reporter suggested that use of the bags was
keeping the trail clean. She had been hiking with NP
rangers. I wonder if the NPS cleaned up the trail for
the interview? ;=)

The bags just might not be as effective as has been
touted by the NPS.

Best,
J J

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/us/05whitney.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin