[pct-l] Cell Phones etc.

drifter at tmail.com drifter at tmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:02:16 CDT 2007

Hi all, new guy here.  I'm seriously considering (planning) a long-hike
for 2009, either the AT which I've wanted to do for 30 years or the PCT
which I now live near.  I don't talk much on the cell phone but I do use
it a lot for e-mail.  I'm using it now as it is my primary and only
email device (Sidekick by t-mobile.)  It worked out very well when I was
crusing on my sailboat but the boat has a couple of ways to charge the
battery and thus charge the cell phone.

I've seen where they have solor and hand crank chargers now.  This
battery must be recharged daily.  Has anyone hiked with a similar
device?  Has anyone actually used one of these chargers?  Do they work?
Any other ideas?  I do like my e-mail and web.  Hey, I might need to
order something to be delivered somewhere on the trail.....

Beyond this point
There be dragons...

Chris ~ S/V Drifter
Anacortes, WA. ~~~_/) ~~~