[pct-l] Search for Steve Fossett

JOHN F PATTERSON yuppatt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 11 13:19:30 CDT 2007

Likely many of you have seen that Google and Amazon are allowing ordinary folks to aid in the search for Fossett . The area of search intersects with much of the PCT in the Lake Tahoe region ( overlapping even to Sacramento , nearly ) although Hilton ' s ( Paris Hilton ' s grandfather ' s  ) Flying M Ranch , 90 miles southeast of Reno. . . ( in Mineral County , Nevada - which borders California ) from which he departed in search of a site , perhaps , where he might attempt a new land speed record , is well east of the trail . It is reported that he was headed for Bishop . The below URL might bring you to the web site for this web search - am not skilled here so can ' t guarantee . Otherwise Google , ' Steve Fossett search ' ,  and the URL can be found . Many of you know this area . I am from the east . This is a first , I believe - searching the ground via satellite . Like , Wow ! One of the stories reports that there are an estimated 300 ' lost ' aircraft in the ' region '
 and only 150 - plus or minus , can  t remember the exact number - known crash sites . So far this search alone has discovered eight new aircraft crash sites . Rafter Jack
  http://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=9TSZK4G35XEZJZG21T60&kw=Flash