[pct-l] Physiological factors affecting hiking speed

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:55:40 CDT 2007

Is there a doctor in the house?

I briefly tried searching the web for info regarding any studies of
folks (like Joe) who have exhibited extraordinary walking
capabilities,no luck.  I wonder if there are any common physiological
traits of these individuals.  It's a given they've all gotten
themselves in A1 condition, I'm assuming there's more to it than that.
 Even more than carrying a 5-pound pack.

Does anyone know if the level of red blood cells (I'm assuming they're
carrying oxygen, the more the better) has any variable impact?  My
blood counts all run below normal due to bone marrow issues, I'd like
to blame my slow feet on my RBC.

Thank for any info,

Len