[pct-l] Catra's PCT giardia experience turns me into a true believer

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Sep 15 15:23:40 CDT 2007

[pct-l] Catra's PCT experience turns me into a true believerOK...OK...to all the none believers,
Here it is in Catra's own words......''After checking into a medical clinic....it's been confirmed I have giardia and
two other parasites....they said finish up the antibiotics and I should be fine''.

How did she get it?....Who knows?.....Could be the water, could be casual contact....it's a roll of the dice...50-50
chance I guess.

But the facts are, it is out there....those are the facts....they are undeniable & indisputable.
The only question is to what extend?

JMT Reinhold
The Believer

  Paul Freiman wrote:
  The word "giardia" is thrown around too much.  Is this confirmed, or is it campylobacter (which I got when I was close to Sisters

  Capt Bivy

  From: "Are you sure she got it from the water? Not from touching another
  asymptomatic hiker who was using "trail hygiene" - ie non existent?

  Roughly one in 20 Americans are already infected before they start. (
  between 4-7%)

  So . Pretty good odds of contact. Remove hand washing...... and......
  you get the picture

  -Brick