[pct-l] Section B and C

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 01:22:15 CDT 2007

The easiest would be to come down from the San G summit via fish creek and then dirt road rock to either mission creek camp or coon creek Jump off (1n37).  It is just a few miles on the dirt road.  As for cross countrying it from San G - the easiest way would be from Fish Saddle over the ten thousand foot ridge.  The fire last year would make this feasible with someone with your resume.  I'd NOT try going through Big Tree Camp - you'd be below tree line and have nothing but thick Manaznita and rabbit bruch to climb through.  The most direct route would be to summit via Fish Creek and then descend via Vivian - keep going off the ridge (Big Horn Ridge) above high camp and Xcountry to Mill Creek Jump Off - from there you could head straight east and hit the PCT --- this is VERY rugged country, below tree line and IMO very thick brush - you'd have a hard time making much progress quickly or without lots of scrapes through head high rabbit brush and man eating manzanita..

    As for natural water- I'd not be very hopeful  - it is VERY dry out there.

  SB

joseph kisner <lostonthecrest at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I am planning a hike from San Gorgonio to San Jaciento and was wondering if any one has been through this area in the last week or two and could give me a water update[mission creek, whitewater river, and the fountain south of Snow Creek]. Also I have not made up my mind as to what route I will take from San Gorgonio to the PCT. Is there more than one route, or is it possible without too much hassle to do some crosscountry to the PCT. I am looking for the closest way possible, from peak to peak without roads. I will start on San Gorgonio from Vivian Creek, and end atop San Jaciento......... Thank You, tattoo joe
unsubscribe or change options: