[pct-l] water crossing

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Mon Sep 17 09:22:35 CDT 2007

if a stream is under butt deep, I'll ford it instead of risking a log
crossing.

I could not agree more.

Tomorrow morning I have my second surgery resulting from a fall while trying
to rock hop. I fell and tore my MCL and then two weeks later, not having
been advised what actions to avoid, I fell again and lay to waste my ACL.
The MCL healed on its own; this, as I said, will be the second on the ACL.

This will have some effect on my hiking, to what extent we are not yet
certain. It has been stated by my surgeon that I will now need a brace for
hiking.

So, I too will never try any method other than walking through the water, no
matter how shallow or, assuming it's fordable, no matter how deep.

are we there yet