[pct-l] Owl Attack

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 22:31:40 CDT 2007

Steel-Eye <chelin at teleport.com> wrote:
    Good afternoon, Bill,

>I did a trail run this evening in Forest Park, which is located in the West

  >Hills of Portland, Oregon. It was dusk, right around 7:00 PM.

  This is kind of odd about the owl story going around.... This morning here in Pasadena Ca i left my house at 5:45 am and walk a 1/2 mile of road walk where I then go down into the Arroyo Seco for a 30 min. walk. Crossing the bridge i heard an owl hooting, 2 morning now in a row.... I have to have a flashlight on that early and as i approached the bridge 2 owls landed on it looking down at me from the span. As i got under the bridge they flew off the bridge to a nearby tree hooting back and forth. Many times as i hit this same spot i see a pair of coyotes heading back the way i just came from.....  During the last week i switched from 6 am to 5:45 so seeing more critters, a pair of raccoons as well as a skunk.... i guess its the darkness that these critters use to move about in search for food. This is just about the time the ducks and geese fly into the seco too... Perhaps the coyotes know that and wait for breakfast..... lately a few dogs and cats have been taken in
 broad daylight here too..... Mother nature at work..................
  Meadow Ed