[pct-l] 2007 PCT DVD - Photos & Video Needed

Sharon Allen sharon.e.allen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 19:22:55 CDT 2007

Dear Friends and Fellow PCT'ers,

Many of you have completed your hikes, and others will soon be
finishing. I hope that your travels have been full of both adventure
and great joy. May the memories last a lifetime.

As you may know, DVD yearbooks have been created for the past four PCT
classes in an attempt to capture the spirit and history of the trail
for each unique season. It is my privilege to be in charge of
producing this year's DVD. I hope that as you return home, you'll
consider sorting through your photos/video and sending them to me .
I would love to be able to include pictures from YOUR hike as part of
our project. Please save your photos/video to a CD or DVD and send
them to my home address.

Hold For Sharon Allen
Do Not Forward
633 N Holland St.
Portland, OR 97217

The more photos and video I receive, the more representative I'll be
able to make this project so don't hold back! I would like to
suggest a few guidelines, however. I need digital photos at a
relatively high resolution (to retain quality as images are enlarged
and special effects are added). The size suggested to me is for
photos to be larger than 1600 X1200; however, photos of smaller sizes
may be sent just in case they are usable. I would like to receive
photos of everything you captured- flowers, people, the trail,
landscapes, animals, towns, etc... The main thing is that I need
as many photos and as much video as possible as early as possible.
Any labeling of people or places included in your photos would be
greatly appreciated.

Editing may take forever, so I'd like to have submissions as early as
possible. I hope to begin receiving CD's by the end of this month,
steadily through the autumn. I'd appreciate it all submissions could
be received by December 15 at the latest.

To capture the character of the trail, I will be creating a
soundtrack to accompany pictures. Please feel free to suggest a song
or two whose lyrics represent the feel of the trail to you. Even
better, include a copy of the music on the CD or DVD that you send!

Lastly, I will be trying to choose photos and music that best
represent OUR year. Because I was only able to hike with a small
percentage of hikers, I am asking YOU to help me determine the
personality of our year. Feel free to include a note with your CD or
DVD specifying: 1) What one adjective best describes the PCT? and 2)
In a sentence or two, what did your hike mean to you? Additionally,
if you want to, you can use the service Pinger.com to record these
answers as MP3s usable as part of the DVD soundtrack. Follow these
steps: 1) Call (858) 2PINGER. 2) Key in my phone number (408)
621-5901. 3) Speak your message and then hang up. The sentences you
speak will be sent to my inbox and I will be able to download them
directly to my computer. Say as much or as little as you'd like!

The last item I need to mention is your help collecting a database of
mailing addresses. The yahoo group and the PCT-L capture a very small
contingent of our community. I'd like to make this as all-inclusive
as possible and track down as many people who were out there. Many
of you left addresses at the Saufleys, Heitmans, and Dinsmores, but
several other hikers have left no trace of contact information. Feel
free to forward this to anyone you know who may not be on the Yahoo
group or the PCT-L, and ask them to forward it on to everyone they
know, and so on.

I'm open to any other ideas hikers might have, and look forward to
hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Cloudspotter