[pct-l] Knee Injuries

robo hiker robohiker at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:29:10 CDT 2008

my hiking partner in "05" hurt her knee 3 days into the hike, probably tore something, wraped it with an ace bandage, it hurt on mostly downhills, but hurt it did. 450 miles later after taking it easy 10-12 mile days we were back on track hiking anywhere from 15 to 30 mile days, the day she took the ace bandage off she hiked 30.> From: lists at oldmanwalking.net> To: pct-l at backcountry.net> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:53:02 -0700> Subject: [pct-l] Knee Injuries> > Greetings,> > I'm looking for experience. Not theories or opinions, please.> > I fell and injured my left knee about three weeks ago. Got up and went > for a hike. The pain from the injury diminished over four or five > days. About a week ago, I started uphill on a hike and felt pain in > the same knee. Fairly sharp. Continued hiking and felt the pain off > and on throughout the hike. This concerned me a lot. I began a RICE > regimen (Rest, Ibuprofen, Cold, Elevation). It relieved the pain. I > continued this for a week, and went to see my doctor at the VA > yesterday. She has requested an MRI and subsequent orthopedist visit > for me. Not yet scheduled, though. After going to see the doctor, I > carried a small bag of groceries and began to feel some moderate pain > again. I am going to visit with a physical therapist tomorrow.> > My question: if you have had similar symptoms, what did you do, and > what was the outcome.> > I want to hike. Soon.> > Thanks,> Jim Keener ( J J )> http://oldmanwalking.net> > _______________________________________________> Pct-l mailing list> Pct-l at backcountry.net> http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l