[pct-l] Don't put all your water in one bottle.

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 01:11:29 CDT 2008

On 4/04/2008, at 4:12 PM, AsABat wrote:

> Also, don't put all your water in one bottle!

I strongly second this.  I had the misfortune to slip and fall when
crossing a shallow but fast river.  I recovered with no apparent
damage and found a place to lay everything out in the sun to dry.
Then I realised that my aluminium water bottle, which slides so nicely
into the outside pocket of my pack was no longer with me as it had
floated away in the excitement.  At that point I thought my hike was
over as I hadn't brought any spares.  I resolved always to have a
second bottle in my pack - even an empty one would be better than five
days with no way to carry water.

(I found the bottle wedged between rocks only a 100 yards downstream)

Denis Stanton
denisstanton at mac.com