[pct-l] Trail Injuries (cliques)

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 17:56:29 CDT 2008

Heed these words of wisdom from Dr Mohawkian, the  world expert on hiker
cliques (not chicks - DOWN Monty & Reinhold) from  observing thousands of PCT
hikers, cliqueing in her backyard. When stuck in the  same backyard - damn nice
place to be stuck - for 3 days in '05, hoping for an  arch injury to heal, I got
to really observe some of that behavior. I saw 2  hikers, one male and one
female, who were ready to hike on, actually wait a day  or two until their
fellow cliqueians were ready. In the AT shelter registers  there were almost daily
notes: "Catch up, so-and-so", "We're waiting on you  so-and-so", or "I'm
trying to catch my friends". Oh well, people are  people. Hike your own hike; the
rest will work out.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

In a message dated 4/4/2008 9:53:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,