[pct-l] Buying fuel on the PCT

JOHNNY J FARBER farber51 at msn.com
Sat Apr 5 11:58:21 CDT 2008

Does anybody know if you can buy alcohol (for fuel) at Kennedy Meadows General Store?  I know they sell drinking alcohol because I have very fond memories drinking Coronas with lime with Oz and the gang in 2001--humm maybe that's why the store is kinda fuzzy in my memories.
Also this is my first time to use an alcohol stove, so is denatured alcohol available most places on the trail?  l also wonder if anyone knows how alcohol and esbit tabs compare in boil time and weight?
Sorry if this has already been covered--my brains fried from packing food boxes this week.  FREE