[pct-l] Best sign for hitchhiking

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:44:08 CDT 2008

One day near Warner Springs I picked up a hitckhiker carrying a small red
plastic gas can.  When I asked him where his car was he said, "I don't own a
car.  I just carry the gas can 'cause it helps me get rides."

True.  I picked him up expecting that I was doing some great deed that maybe
someone like Mother Theresa or Ghandi would have done.  My heart sunk a bit.
I was no longer Ghandi.

Switchback, wherever you are.  Here's another business opportunity for you.
Little inflatible, ultralight, red gas cans.
I can see it now.  Inflatible gas cans.  Printed on the side PCT Class of
2008.

Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty