[pct-l] CA Section A10 water report

fdumville at earthlink.net fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 21:20:12 CDT 2008

I took a ride around Rodriguez and Chariot Canyons in CA section A10 (~mile 62-68) Saturday and checked the tanks.

The Mason Valley Truck Trail tank is dry.
The Chariot Canyon Tank ( 1.2 miles north of trail) is full.
The seasonal stream is running across Chariot Canyon Fire Road but lower than I've observed in the past. The stream disappears just south of the crossing.
Rodriguez Truck Trail Tank is a bit more than 1/2 full. Someone dropped the cover into the tank. I've been checking this tank for several years and it has never been not full. I never noticed the valve box unlocked before but it is now. I suspect the easy access to the water has increased usage and probably waste. It's quite possible this tank could be emptied. Don't waste water and make sure the valve is closed.

Snap,
fdumville at earthlink.net