[pct-l] Solio solar charger question

Jason Schripsema solartrix at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 18:11:39 CDT 2008

laura, i've thought about this too (i shoot a 5d mostly), the problem is that your wall charger runs off ac and the solio only produces dc.  so you'd need to convert dc to ac and then plug in your charger.

what you want to look for is some sort of car charger that will charge the canon battery straight from dc.  i haven't found this, but then again, i haven't looked very hard either.  i think you may have to carry your wall charger and "bum" an outlet here and there on your supply stops.  :-s

Laura Fox <laura.fox at yale.edu> wrote: Hey, I was wondering if anybody on here knows how (if...) I can
charge my camera battery using a Solio hybrid solar charger (http://
www.solio.com/charger/explore-solio/solio-hybrid-1000.php)
considering that my camera battery has a charger that must be plugged
into a regular two-pronged wall socket.  I have a Canon camera with a
proprietary battery and a wall charger.  The battery can't be charged
by plugging the camera into a USB port, it can only be charged by
removing the battery from the camera and using the wall charger.  It
would be great if I could just somehow plug that wall charger into
the Solio.  The Solio seems to have all these wacky connectors you
can buy to plug in all kinds of cell phones, but no connector that
lets you use it like a regular old two-pronged wall outlet.  This
seems odd to me.  Anybody on here happen to know whether I'm missing
something?