[pct-l] Solio solar charger question

Brian Lewis brianle at nwlink.com
Tue Apr 8 18:46:07 CDT 2008

Can the battery be charged by plugging the wall charging cord directly into
the camera body, or is there a separate item that the camera body sits on or
some other intermediate device like that?

If the other end of the wall charger (the part that doesn't go into the
wall) does connects directly into the camera, then look at the part of the
charging cord that plugs into the wall.  On one side or the other they
typically list the output voltage.  For example, the wall charging cord for
my smartphone says it takes 100 - 240 volts from the wall and outputs (to my
device) 5 volts and 1.0 amps max.   The solio works as an excellent
alternative to this, charging my phone directly.

If what you have is a separate item that's used for charging your batteries
--- i.e., the wall charger doesn't connect directly into the camera body ---
then you might reluctantly consider another camera, one which can accept one
of the various power tips that Solio or Powermonkey solar chargers offer.
If you go that route, I would look on the manufacturer's site for the pdf
version of the camera manual, look in the specs for the power input from the
charging cord: to see if what your contemplated solar charger provides is
compatible.

	Brian Lewis