[pct-l] Contemplating a change in journal site

Brian Lewis brianle at nwlink.com
Tue Apr 8 18:58:03 CDT 2008

I'm aware that Postholer frequents this list, and I don't mean to start any
competitive or otherwise unhappy debates, but I'm toying with the idea of
switching from trailjournals.com to postholer for my trail journal, and I
solicit (unbiased) input.

I had somewhat randomly picked trailjournals.com I think because Yogi's book
mentions it.  I just today activated internet service on my smartphone, and
in the one brief test I ran I found the trailjournals site to be pretty slow
and not very well laid out for use by a mobile device, whereas in my single,
brief check on postholer things seemed to go faster with less scrolling
around, plus he offers the ability to email entries --- as I understand it
--- in lieu of logging in and using his site to add an entry.

I also really like the feature of being able to download the journal, at
least the text of it.

What I'm looking for is feedback on making this switch --- obviously easier
to do from home before I start on the trail.   Are there particular
negatives about the postholer journal system that drove you nuts, any
suggestions on making the transition if I do, etc?

While of course no one controls a discussion topic just by virtue of
starting it (!), what I personally am looking for here is feedback from
folks who have experience with postholer journals who aren't particular
friends (or enemies) of K. Scott Parks.  Bonus would be any comments about
using one vs. the other via a small screen and a relatively slow (EDGE
network) internet connection.

TIA!

	Brian Lewis