[pct-l] Equinox Ultra lite Bear Bag

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Apr 9 10:37:30 CDT 2008

Good morning, Kathleen,

The Equinox Ultra Lite Bear Bag is an organized way of hanging food over a
tree limb.  It is not intended to resist an actual paws-on attempt by a
bear.  The Ursak is made of tough material sufficient to resist tooth and
nail -- at least for a while -- and its stout tether will prevent the bear
from toting it off.  While the Ursak is not currently qualified for use in
the SIBBG controlled area -- even with the aluminum sleeve liner -- it can
be used elsewhere.  Without the liner a bear could possibly gain entry, but
I believe the attempt would cause enough commotion that I would be awaked to
chase him off.

Steel-Eye