[pct-l] Contemplating a change in journal site

Daniel Bailey greenhiker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 11:07:56 CDT 2008

Hello Brian,

IMHO, the biggest advantages of Postholer's journal site are the ability to
e-mail your journal entries in (from pocketmail or smart phone, etc...) and
the ability to publish the entries on your own website via PHP.  Postholer
has responded very quickly, often within minutes, to my technical inquiries
and suggestions.

The biggest advantage of Trail Journals is the amount of readers that are
already there.  Some have mentioned that the site seems a little slow
lately.  It is run by a pair of guys in their off-time from work, so
response to technical support and such is also slow.

Trail Journals has a more polished appearance, but both sites are highly
functional sites.  I'm primarily using the Postholer site this year so that
I don't have to seek out internet access to update my journal while I'm in
town.  I've got a friend that will copy my entries from the Postholer site
into my Trail Journals site.

Be well,

Senator
http://www.trailjournals.com/senator
http://www.postholer.com/senator

Brian Lewis wrote:
I'm aware that Postholer frequents this list, and I don't mean to start any
competitive or otherwise unhappy debates, but I'm toying with the idea of
switching from trailjournals.com to postholer for my trail journal, and I
solicit (unbiased) input.

...Snip...