[pct-l] Rain question

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Apr 9 21:22:59 CDT 2008

Good evening, Diane,

Last summer was rather dry, and I only got rained upon once in the section
you mentioned.  That is in my TrailJournal
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye for the day 07/10/07.  A couple of
days in the San Jacintos there was a damp running fog.  In the Sierras it
was common to see the typical mid-PM cloud-up, and there was some light snow
on occasion, but my windshirt was all that was necessary.  I didn't carry
real rain gear; only the windshirt and my shelter tarp that can be used as a
poncho.

I would do the same again, but I'm from the Pacific NW and perhaps the
possibility of rain doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

Good luck on your adventure.

Steel-Eye