[pct-l] Wrightwood and Holcombe creek questions

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Apr 10 16:28:14 CDT 2008

I would agree with you Donna.  Another thing to keep in mind about this specific road crossing at Highway 2, is that while Highway 2 may not receive as much traffic, a hiker only needs to road walk about 1.5 miles northeast on Highway 2 and you will hit the road identified as Big Pines Highway.  There is considerably more traffic on this small highway and it is 3-4 miles into Wrightwood from here.  This is what we ended up doing in 2006.  We had a good laugh with a feller that made the decision to go off/on at the Acorn trail.  On the way back up that trail he was apparently regretting his decision big time.

From: "Donna Saufley" <dsaufley at sprynet.com>