[pct-l] Last Minute changes re: stoves

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 11:36:47 CDT 2008

Very brief synopsis of stoves:

 There are many stoves to choose from. Which one is the best depends upon your intended use.

 If you are resupplying for less than ten meals, solo and three-season backpacking: Alcohol Stove
 If you are a couple and/or going long time between resupplies: Canister Stove other than Jet Boil
 If you are solo and want a convenient all in one solution: Jetboil
 If you are winter camping/high altitude mountaineering  OR doing 3+ person meals: White Gas Stove
 Doing lots of "real cooking" in a forest environment and not hiking far: Zip Stove
 Want the absolute lightest stove and price/resupply is not an issue: Esbit

Longer overview: http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=33

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com