[pct-l] P...on the Trail Pirate

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 14:08:41 CDT 2008

Unsupported writes: When he departed for Whitney Portal the next morning I told him to look for you at Trail Camp.?I told him to look for that extremely good looking, ''Hard Core'' backpacker with the hands free umbrella, fuzzy pink camp slippers and ankle length morning coat.? He never did find you.....he was very disappointed.?
Switchback replies: Yes, so true.? I come and go like the fog, like the early morning mist, like a dream.? Or should I say, a dream to some and a nightmare to others.? Such is the life of the Trail Pirate, soon to be a Harley Road Pirate too.? I wonder if I ride my Harley on the PCT anyone would get upset?? Probably not.? I think I will do that.? Many a hiker babe will want to ride with me as they hear the approach of the thundering V-Twin -- the chance to hit a trailtown for resupply in style with the Trail Pirate.?? ........We sweep into the local saloon and start downing?cold brews and hot pizza after the dusty hot trail.? Eventually, we even actually get off the bike too and sit at a table before dancing the night away.? Such are the legends and memories of the trail.