[pct-l] altitude

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Sat Apr 12 00:55:06 CDT 2008

My son and I drove from San Diego to Horseshoe Meadows last year.
Spent a day and a half acclimating at 10,000' , then hiked up to
Chicken Spring Lake, roughly 11, 000'.  No ill effects.  Spent a few
days hiking around and came out over New Army Pass at 12,300'.  No
altitude sickness for me or my son.

I have heard that if you are presupposed to altitude sickness, the
problems begin to occur > 12,500'.  We will test that this summer on
Mt. Langley, and White Mountain.

Tom KI6ASP