[pct-l] SPOT Locator beacon

Philippa Nye philippanye at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 01:11:51 CDT 2008

I tried it on a hike again today and had better luck
-- this time I was sending out individual "I'm OK"
messages rather than having it track me continously.
I was getting messages out in light tree cover.  It
does seem to work best when you stay in one place for
a while to send a signal.  So I am happier with it
today.