[pct-l] Help with trekking poles

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 13 16:40:56 CDT 2008

Amanda wrote:

  Why are you not checking any baggage on the plane?  In the past I have put my trekking poles in a triangular shipping tube, very strong and light.  You can get them at any UPS store.

Actually, it was Kim who asked the original question.  And a cardboard shipping tube would be great, too, especially if it's a one-way trip because you can recycle it.  Someone else mentioned just wrapping them in a couple of towels and checking them that way - I certainly wouldn't recommend that, knowing how things get abused by baggage handlers.  Odds are good they'd come out bent.

Eric