[pct-l] Gloves and sun protection

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:12:59 CDT 2008

Hi Susan!

A couple weeks ago I saw Glen Van Peski (Gossamer Gear) wearing a pair of
gloves with LOTS of ventilation and very adequate sun protection.
The upper part of the hand, as a person is holding a trekking pole, was
covered.  The lower fingers were bare.
My own experience is my forefinger and thumb are the only thing I have to
worry about in relation to the sun.  What is exposed as I am holding a
trekking pole.
Normally I would just get deep dry cracks in my skin and deal with the pain.
I only use my trekking poles part of the time now, as i have reduced my pack
weight, therefore my hands are not as exposed in this way.
This glove would have worked for me.
His gloves had lots of ventilation, and, of course, they weighed less.

I didn't look real close or ask lots of questions.  I don't know if it is
something Gossamer Gear makes or sells.

I'll try to get more details.

Monty
Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty