[pct-l] Additional Idyllwild stuff

Peter Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Mon Apr 14 13:48:07 CDT 2008

In your picture where you are saying:
 "Now I've gotten back to Straw. J., and hiked off in the direction of
Wellman Divide. This is well along the way. Looking Saddle Junction area,
and Tahquitz Peak. What is that is farthest back?"
You looking at the ridge that includes Red Tahquitz, but Red Tahquitz is at
the end and kind of set behind due the the angle it is being viewed. The
highest pick on that ridge is an un-named peak "8792". Red Tahquitz is
easier to identify traveling the PCT from the south of the peak.
The other two snow capped peaks you have in your pictures are Mt. Baldy,
10,064 ft, San Gabriel Mountains, highest point in Los Angeles County (the
one you state is to the Northwest) and the other is San Gorgonio, 11,499 ft,
San Bernardino Mountains, and highest point in Southern California below the
Sierras.

OC Pete
www.onthetrail.org