[pct-l] sharing camera video on the web

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:57:12 CDT 2008

Does the output of either camera look decent on your computer (i.e., before
you upload to YouTube)? If it's junk to begin with, it's certainly not going
to improve with all the conversions. I found that, with my old Canon
point-and-shoot, the videos looked decent only when viewed on the 1.5" LCD.
Anything bigger, and it was terrible.

OTOH, I've been very pleasantly surprised with the video quality from my
Leica/Panasonic point-and-shoot. (I'll dig out the model number if you're
interested, but "buy a new camera" wasn't really implicit in your question.)
With my very limited experience, it seems like the key to decent YouTube
videos is to have a decent original -- which might not be possible with your
camera.