[pct-l] New PCT Thru Record

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 07:38:45 CDT 2008

Slyatpct writes: You could do it in memory of Jack Fair although I think he
rode a Harley.  Cool guy, a philosopher, like yourself.  How are you  with the
F-word, can you wax it poetic?  ;-)
Switchback replies: No bad language for me.  The Female Terminator
Leadership types would love to hang a Trail Pirate at the Kickoff as a  warning.  I do
not need to encourage them.  I was thinking next year  it would be cool to
ride a Goldwing down to the Kickoff.  I could still do  some hiker services too.
One advantage I see with bikes is that you just  go out to your bike and get
on it and you are on a road adventure.   With hiking it can be a lot more
complex.  What would be neat is to drive  your bike to a trailhead, go hiking, and
then return.  But someone would  probably have stolen your bike while you
were gone.  Bummer.

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)