[pct-l] Insect repellent

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Thu Apr 17 11:59:15 CDT 2008

I recently saw this article regarding how to avoid getting bitten.
http://www.mytelus.com/travel/article.do?articleID=2904115&pageID=home_archive
I certainly know this technique also prevents sunburn as well. On our PCT
hike in 2003 we noticed a tendency to get sunburn more the day we left town.

As for another answer to your question:

While there were a few bugs before KM the worst were from Northern Yosemite
Park onwards and we had a hellish night by a lake in the Lassen area on July
13th.

Alistair