[pct-l] prepping for my first hike.

Erich Meyers elric1911 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 02:05:30 CDT 2008

I'm planning on doing a mid-life crisis/post divorce brain flush hike consisting of hiking the oregon section of the PCT starting sometime around the end of july.  i'm starting to put my gear together... i have a back pack, new pair of boots, i got my stove picked out...

The biggest problem i have so far is that i find the Wilderness Press PCT guide book by Jeffery Schaffer to be nearly unreadable and I haven't been able to find decent trail maps... any clues on where to look? any preferences?

any input on what i should know before i try this?  It'll be the first time i've done anything more than a day hike since i left the Army about 12 years ago...