[pct-l] heel calluses

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Apr 19 14:04:02 CDT 2008

frankgilliland at comcast.net wrote:
> Calluses is/are kind of good and kind of bad.

I get thick calluses on my heels and they crack. It can be quite painful.

I was at Walmart today, and I took a look around the pedicure supplies.
I found a smallish foam block with grit in the surface that is made for
smoothing foot calluses. It weights 0.4 oz. That is something I am
willing to carry.

I also have a 1/2 oz jar of Blue Goo heel cream. When it runs out, I can
refill the jar with Bag Balm or lanolin or whatever I can find.

I was filing my heels last night and realized this is something I will
probably have to do a few times on the trail. I think I have it worked out.