[pct-l] LIVING OF THE LAND

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Apr 19 14:13:47 CDT 2008

Diana,
Chickens walk, and they lay eggs.
Eggs for breakfast and chicken for dinner....lot's of protein.... just
what a weary hiker needs.
All you need is a bunch of chickens on a leash and you could hike all
the way to Canada without carrying any food.
Just make sure you also take a rooster along so you don't deplete your
flock before reaching the border.
BTW, you will not need a bear canister since all your food walks.
Besides, chickens don't seem to do to well in a bear canister.

JMT Reinhold
The unsupported