[pct-l] Bailing out at Big Bear??

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:42:11 CDT 2008

 Due to major problems with blisters, my section hike from Warner springs to
Agua Dulce may have to be cut short.  So with this in mind, I'm trying to
figure out the best place to get off the trail between Big Bear and Cajon
Pass.  I'll need to get to a bus station or airport so any advice would be
appreciated.

I'm currently in Idyllywld and hoping my feet will be well enough to begin
hiking again tomorrow or Wednesday.  Complicating matters is news that
Fuller Ridge is nearly impassable and I'll need to find a way around it.  I
think someone mentioned black mountain road which would mean a long road
walk.

Another possibility (thinking out loud) would be to  find my way somehow to
Big Bear and then hiking from Big Bear to AD.  I'm open to all suggestions
and advice.

I need to get off the trail by May 8th or 9th but with my feet problems I'm
a little limited with my daily mileage at this point.
Thanks,

Jalan Jalan