[pct-l] Laguna today (on topic) plus Carl Johnson hero story (off topic)

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 22 20:51:39 CDT 2008

Mt Laguna was a perfect 70 degrees today.  Wheeew and her sweet doggy were asking for a ride to WS.  L-Rod has agreed to take her dog while she continues the hike, and her car was in WS.  I told her I would be happy to take her to WS, but first I wanted to take my three dogs for a walk.

Calamity Jane should be Wheeew's new name.  Can't leave her alone for two hours!  The EMTs and fire department had just left.  The short story is that CJ strained or broke her ankle.  She will have a week for it to heal.  I told her I would introduce her to Splash who could give her pointers on hiking with crutches.  Tom, one of the store's owners, was getting some crutches for her from Alpine, and offered to take her to WS.  Tom and John (the owners) are great guys and enjoy the PCTers.  Tom says 70+ hikers have already gone thru.

Carl Johnson is a local San Diego hero story.  I have hiked with Carl and Tami since 1988.  He is THE nicest person you could meet.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080419-9999-1n19marathon.html

Capt Bivy