[pct-l] Soap?

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:43:33 CDT 2008

Hi Ellen,
I had a good chuckle remembering people being grossed out when I drank my "dirty water" after cleaning my pan! I would scrape the pan with my spoon until it was pretty clean, add water and scrape some more and then drink it. When people would get weirded out, I'd ask "didn't you just eat the food that's on the pan?" But it didn't matter, I got the point that when I was eating near other folks (not very often as I like hiking alone!), I would say "I'm gonna drink this water, so if it grosses you out, don't look"  My pan is too small and deep to get my head in to lick or otherwise I would have! Wouldn't that have been a true gross out??!!!
Anyway, thanks for the early morning chuckle and remembrance!
tammy t.