[pct-l] Section P

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 27 13:56:09 CDT 2008

Quick intro:  completed AT last summer after about 30
years of section hikes (most distance covered more
recently than that...)  Now setting my sights on the PCT.
I've done several thousand miles thru the woods here in
the east.... but very little out west.

My nephew and I have more or less decided on hiking
Section P (Castle Crags to Etna) in early August of this
summer (2008.)

So tell me all I need to know...  hehe.  I gather there's no
resupply between these two points.  Do we need a bear
canister?  Permits?  Daily mileage?  (I did 15 per day on
the AT last summer.)  Useful "must have" guides and maps?
Any guess what will the water situation be like?

Thanks in advance...

rafe b
aka terrapin