[pct-l] Contaminated water question

fdumville at earthlink.net fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 19:30:16 CDT 2008

You will have to think about the context of the warning.
In most cases a government warning that the water "may be contaminated"
probably means the water just isn't tested and may or may not have your
typical biological contaminants. If it's referring to water near a mine
assume they're worried about chemical contaminants which require a filter
designed to handle chemicals. I forget where, but there's one spring in
SoCal that was tested and found to have a slightly high radioactive
contaminant content and was posted as such. Warnings about contamination
are because of cattle which would indicate biological contamination.

Snap