[pct-l] North to South

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Mon Apr 28 00:16:50 CDT 2008

David,

I have never hiked this late in the season but the weather can sometimes be bad.

It was unusual, but on October 17, 2004 a snowstorm hit the Sierra's
killing a couple of climbers in Yosemite, and stranding many hikers.
So be prepared. I would try and be south of the Sierra by October
15th.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/10/21/FOUND21.TMP

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2004-10-20-sierra-snow_x.htm

-Halfmile