[pct-l] ADZ Transition Back

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Mon Apr 28 21:40:02 CDT 2008

Striker,

Those are exactly my thoughts and experience.

It is sad to see all those lucky section and thru hikers leave Sunday morning.  I wish I were going with them, but my time will come.  I will cherish the new friendships gained, and old ones renewed.

In the meantime, I will try my hand at being a trail angel on weekends in socal, up to Hiker Heaven.  If anyone need a ride or help, I will do my best to accommodate you on weekends - work gets in the way during the week.

I wish all the best for this year's section and thru hikers.   Be safe and have FUN.

Hike-on!

Tom KI6ASP
The Incredible Bulk

---- bighummel at aol.com wrote:

As quickly as they came, they leave and the park empties.? The BBQs and canopies and tables and chairs and signs and banners are all stored away into our new storage trailer.? The wrap-up meeting goes well and Monty Tam gets a standing ovation from the other organizers for his incredible food accomplishments.? We all then stand and take a collective bow, knowing from all accounts received that we have again pulled off an incredibly successful event.? We sweep the park for garbage and once again find that the LNT passion is well shared and understood.? The Lake Morena rangers are extremely pleased and have no complaints, no problems and kudos for how well this group always behaves and handles ourselves.

We drive, fly and caravan home to find our own families and beds.? Up in the morning, onto the train, into Union Station, walk the 2 miles across Bunker Hill to work, up 48 floors.? The leaf blowers and buses and sirens and roar of traffic pervade the air.? The phone rings, a knock on the door, "Hey, can you . . . ?" "Hey, Greg, can you . . . ?"?"Hey can we? . . . ?"?

My mind wanders off with PA Jeff, up the trail.?

My soul goes with all of the '08's, up the trail.?

The memories flood my mind.?

The stories carry me.?

Greg "Striker" Hummel