[pct-l] San Jacinto Report from Rachel Ginsburg in Idyllwild.

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Apr 30 16:21:27 CDT 2008

Suzanne Wilson talked with USFS this morning and Devils Slide Trail was
closed but the PCT was open at that time. (Yes, we agreed that made no
sense.) Given the fire is now 700 acres and burning on the south side of
Apache Peak I'm sure the PCT must be closed (or at least impassible).
Another report had hikers taking a side trail down away from the fire.

I'm trying to keep short trail closure updates on the water reports page,
but the links below may be more informative:

www.inciweb.org/incident/1236
www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=846
www.mydesert.com
www.towncrier.com