[pct-l] PCT record attempts

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 00:21:34 CDT 2008

`Wes, since Adam Bradley(Monstro) is of the trail, who is the 50 mile days guy
Gadget is talking about and when did he start?

JMT Reinhold

---------------------------

Wes wrote:

Gadget began his hike on 4/27/08 and Monstro began his on 6/20/08.  To date,
based on their mileage charts, Monstro has not caught up to Gadget in mileage,
even with his turbo-boost speed, unless Monstro skipped big miles.

7/27/08 - Monstro miles = 1391.9
8/2/08 - Gadget miles = 1940.7  (this is the day Gadget mentions hiker going
50+ miles)

Monstro would have had to travel 548.8 miles in six days, or 91.47 miles per day.
Additionally, Gadget mentions the name of the "over 50-mile-days" hiker on 8/3/08
as "Show-Off", not Monstro.

Looks like we've got the potential of a real race on our hands.

Wes