[pct-l] Setting the record straight

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 23:20:29 CDT 2008

Scott & Joe are hiking their own hike and not any body else's hike.
They are doing what they are doing for their own satisfaction not to
satisfy anybody else.
Believe it or not, contrary to what some folks think, they are not
miserable, but are enjoying their hike.

Some folks may not understand this, but there is great satisfaction in
setting extremely high goals and
then pushing your body to the extreme to achieve those goals.

As far as hiking through the fire closure, you must first realize that
Scott & Joe are on a mission, this
is not just a walk in the park for them.
They evaluated the fire danger, accepted the risk and continued on their
mission.
You could call it  ''courage under fire.''
I know not all of our list members will understand this and will say
''better safe than sorry.''
That is OK, I understand.....courage is more deeply ingrained in some
than others.
The fact that the Rangers did not cite or scold Scott  &  Joe, but were
pleased to meet them
and let them proceed on their way speaks for itself and should put this
controversy to rest.

Remember, this is their hike not your hike so please do not criticize
their hike because it differs
from the way you hike and I promise you they will never criticize your
hike no matter how much
your hike differs from their hike.

JMT Reinhold